Let Buzzmath assist your school in closing the achievement gap!
Consider Buzzmath as a part of your Race to the Top grant proposal or for use with Title I or II funds.
“More than 50,000 public schools across the country use Title I funds to provide additional academic support and learning opportunities to help low-achieving children master challenging curricula and meet state standards in core academic subjects. For example, funds support extra instruction in reading and mathematics, as well as special preschool, after-school, and summer programs to extend and reinforce the regular school curriculum.” See Ed.gov's Title I Part A.
Buzzmath’s supplemental web-based curriculum fits individual needs of Title I students by allowing for independent pacing and selection of concepts for mastery.
As a web-based program, Buzzmath supports the Title IID primary goal of improving student academic achievement through use of technology.
Race to the Top Priority 2 emphasizes Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics course study and integration of content across disciplines. Buzzmath is a supplemental math curriculum providing both practice and challenge activities that are part of the emphasis of Race to the Top Priority 2.
Here’s how Buzzmath’s web-based 6-8 grade supplemental math curriculum can further support your grant program.
- Buzzmath offers flexible access at home, school, or in an extended day program.
- Students can work independently or teachers can use Buzzmath for whole class instruction and discussion.
- A variety of problems allow for direct practice, exploration, and challenge.
- Select lessons to individualize for students on the basis of needed mastery of specific concepts.
- Buzzmath’s thousands of problems use multiple representations to help foster mathematical literacy.
- Students receive immediate detailed feedback on their solutions.
- Steps for correctly solving a problem are immediately accessible to students upon demonstration of incorrect solutions.
- Show Me an Example feature provides assistance to students needing further instruction.
- In Buzzmath students can regenerate similar problems until mastery is obtained.
- Buzzmath Missions connect to historical events in mathematics and provide motivation for problem solving applications through solving of math puzzles, games and enigmas.
- Technology allows students to manipulative three dimensional figures in space.
- For Assessment, Buzzmath tracks student progress and provides documentation of student time on task, concepts mastered, expectations met, and completion of assignments.
- Content is NCTM Standards and Focal Points aligned.